Tragically Dr. King was assassinated on the same date—April 4—exactly one year later.
Controversial in its day, A Time to Break Silence is now considered prophetic. Peace & Planet News is proud to co-sponsor a virtual gathering on Dr. King’s call for a radical revolution in values against racism, militarism and materialism. What does this revolution look like today? We are part of the April 4th Coalition—made up of over 50 civil and human rights, peace, religious and justice organizations—which is organizing “Breaking the Silence: on a culture of violence.” It will take place on April 4, 2023, at 7 pm ET and registration is free.
- Medea Benjamin, co-founder of the women-led peace group CODEPINK
- Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson, co-executive director of the Highlander Research & Education Center in New Market, Tennessee
- Loretta J. Ross, Associate Professor at Smith College and a MacArthur Fellow
- Rev. Alba Onofrio, co-founder of Sexual Liberation Collective
- PG Watkins, member of the James and Grace Lee Boggs Center.